HOUSTON, TX – For wine and food lovers, this is the not to be missed event. Celebrating 18 years, the event is back in full force June 6-12, 2022, featuring wine and culinary tastemakers from across the globe. Wine & Food Week 2022 returns to The Woodlands for a week-long multi-faceted extravaganza, gathering scores of culinary talents and drawing avid foodies and wine enthusiasts from across the region. Rooted in a deep affection for all things wine and food, Wine & Food Week, under the direction of Food & Vine Time Productions, will once again raise a glass to master chefs, winemakers, educators and experts, hailing from Houston and across the globe .
Experience national and international wines at wine tastings, Ladies of the Vine Tasting, Luncheon & Panel Discussion, new events like Grapes & Games, Wine Around the World Wednesday, Rose’ Way: A Sweet Soiree, and For the Love of Texas, all culminating in an elaborate Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase including the Bayway Cadillac Premium VIP Lounge.
Need a reason not to miss? How about 18?
one. You love food and wine. Need we say more? Boasting over 100 chefs in attendance and hundreds of wines for every palate, your taste buds and Instagram feed will thank you. A week of events ranging from playful to posh await with four new featured events. The entire event line-up is featured at www.wineandfoodweek.com/events.
two. We’re honoring a Houston legend. It is not every event year that Wine & Food Week announces a Hall of Fame inductee. Only four have been named for this prestigious lifetime achievement award. This year, Wine & Food Week honors the memory of none other than Cleverly Stone, affectionately known as the “Diva of Dining” and a long-time friend of Food & Vine Time Productions. Stone was the founder of Houston Restaurant Weeks, the city’s largest fundraiser of its kind, supporting the Houston Food Bank. She was an icon in the Houston restaurant scene with hundreds of interviews on TV, The Cleverley Show (Texas’ most popular and longest running radio program about food, wine and dining which hit the 15-year mark in 2018.) The induction ceremony will take place at the toast, kicking off the Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase. Katie Stone Cappuccio, Ella’s Stone’s daughter, will be on hand to accept the award in honor of her mother.
3. You love wine and games. Meet your match at Grapes & Games, Tuesday June 7 at The Woodlands Country Club from 6:00 – 8:30 pm Which wine pairs best with game night? Join us and find out. We’ll pop the cork with an assortment of wine games from wine bingo to wine trivia to wine bottle ring toss. Maybe even winepoly! There will be a charity party wagon raffle, selfie photo ops, wine sampling, tasty bar bites and prizes. Let your playful side have a night out. Tickets are $25.
Four. Exotic flavors make you happy. Wine Around the World Wednesday is your ticket to wine adventure! Grab a friend but leave your passport behind. Health! We’re off to Spain after a welcome reception. Then it’s on to Bulgaria, Greece, and Argentina with a final stop in the Wine Country, USA. There is no better way to sample and compare wines and varietals alongside industry experts from all over the world without leaving home. Nosh on lite bites with international foods paired with each wine. Pack light and let your wanderlust take hold as we travel wine glass in hand around the world June 8 from 6 – 9 pm at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott & Convention Center. Tickets are $55.00.
5. You’re sweet on pink! Rose’, bubbly and sweet wines are the latest trend. Rose’ Way: A Sweet Soiree, June 9 from 6 – 9 pm at the gorgeous new Peach Orchard venue will have you tickled pink as you sip on an array of sparkling wines and roses including Daou’s award-winning luscious rose’ and many more. Indulge and learn more about the latest fashion trends from Market Street’s posh retailers. The perfect girl’s night out to step out in your favorite pink attire! Tickets are $65.00.
6. Ladies that lunch – that’s you. Ladies of the Vine Tasting, Luncheon & Panel Discussion, held Friday, June 10 from 11:30 – 2:30 pm at The Club at Carlton Woods, is an elegant affair featuring prominent women in the wine industry and moderated by Goodtaste with Tanji’s very own Tanji Patton. Tickets are $115.00 per person. The event sells out every year, so don’t wait!
7. We’re celebrating Texans and the things they love. NEW–For the Love of Texas is a great way to kick-start the weekend. Texans love a good BBQ, tangy Tex-Mex, fresh libations under the stars. Texans also love trying new flavors and big, bold wines. This event pays tribute to the rich food tapestry found in Texas. June 10 from 6 – 9 pm at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott & Convention Center. Tickets are $45.00
8. Unleash your inner food critic. Get ready to put that foodie prowess to practice and be wowed. The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase on Saturday June 11 from 7-10 pm features more than 40 major culinary talents all in one elegant ballroom vying for the title of Chef of Chefs with its coveted trophy and $5,000 cash prize sponsored by GOYA Foods. This is foodie heaven. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are $125 per person.
9. You love exclusive tastings. Get your ticket early for the Bayway Cadillac VIP Luxury Lounge at the The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase which offers a VIP experience with a keepsake glass; a who’s who of special wine offerings and some great WOW elements. Limited space available. Tickets are $175.00.
10. You can’t make it to a tropical paradise this summer. No worries. The tropics are coming to you. GOYA Executive Chef Fernando Desa is bringing a taste of the Americas to you throughout the week alongside Chef Urvin Croes from Aruba and his new restaurant creation, Infini (meaning limitless possibilities). Both men bring an international flair and chef’s heart with them.
eleven. A tastemaker yourself, you want to be ahead of the curve on trends. Catch up with the “Fresh Faces” making their mark on the culinary scene and new to Wine & Food Week – unveiling the list bit by bit to keep you guessing. All total, you’ll get a taste of more than 26+ new restaurants and the talented Chefs who make it all happen including visiting newcomers Chefs Brett Vibber, and Daisuke Itagaki plus Houston favorites like Chefs Ryan Hallsted, Alex Au-Yeung, Ara Malekian , Brandon Silva, the 2019 Chef of Chefs winner and many more.
12. Meet women making their mark in the wine industry. Jamie Benziger, Imagery Estate Winery, has been named Wine Enthusiast 40 under 40 and Best Woman Winemaker. She’ll share her incredible journey with the lucky ladies who lunch at Ladies of the Vine Tasting, Luncheon & Panel Discussion. Joining her is Denise Batek from Hye Meadow Winery who started this local Hill Country favorite with her husband, Mike. Hye Meadow Winery was voted Best Texas Wine at the Houston International Rodeo wine competition. Also in attendance will be Maeve Pesquera, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Daou Family Estates, another award-winner at the Rodeo wine competition. Daou will be featured at each event during the week. While Lisa Vanderpump, British restaurateur, designer, and actress, well known for her appearances on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, can’t be here in person you can get a taste of the Vanderpump wines.
13. You’re dreaming of a career as a food critic. Not an easy job to be sure but you can check out the top dogs who’ve earned their food stripes who are judging this year’s Chef of Chefs competition including food writers Patricia Sharpe from Texas Monthly, Greg Morago with the Houston Chronicle, Tanji Patton, star of Goodtaste with Tanji Patton, Chef David Denis, Evelyn Garcia, a current contender on Top Chef and Chef and Co-Owner of KIN HTX, Tristen Epps, Red Rooster Overtown Miami and more. Who will take home the coveted Goya Chef of Chefs Trophy and $5,000 cash prize during The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase? Only these judges know for sure.
14. Every day should be wine day. There’s no better way to find a new sip or enjoy an old favorite. Wines have been cultivated since the neolithic era and there are now more than 10,000 wine grape varieties in the world. Throughout the week each event features a new varietal and winemaker introducing the oenophile in each of us to wines from Bulgaria, Spain, Greece, Argentina and of course a few closer to home like Sunny California, Oregon, Washington State and more. We promise you’ll find a new favorite in the hundreds of featured wines.
fifteen. You love cheese and want to celebrate National Cheese Day long past June 4. Presenting sponsor HEB has you covered with an enormous artisan cheese spread at The Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase featuring wheels of cheeses, artisan selections and accoutrements galore.
16. You’re ready to step out and be seen. You’ve waited two long years to connect with fellow foodies. From informal to elegant and everything in between your closet will get a workout June 6-12. Need something new to wear? Make a quick stop at Market Street for the latest trends. The entire event line-up is at www.wineandfoodweek.com/events.
17. You love the behind-the-scenes action and want to rub elbows with winemakers and chefs and learn the tricks of the trade. It takes a village for a week of events and there are many opportunities to get involved. Learn more about volunteering www.wineandfoodweek.com/p/getinvolved/volunteers-2020.
18. You like to give back. Supporting Wine & Food Week helps several charitable organizations such as New Danville; The Woodlands Arts Council, Montgomery County Food Bank; just to name a few. Food & Vine Time Productions has raised well over two million dollars through various channels for local charities over the years.
To purchase tickets, sign up to volunteer and for more general information, please visit www.wineandfoodweek.com.
Wine & Food Week, produced by Food & Vine Time Productions, is the first multi-day, multi-faceted, comprehensive destination culinary and wine event in the Houston Metro and the first nationally to promote locally sourced and sustainable products. Owners Clifton and Constance McDerby are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and health of Houstonians by educating the novice to the aficionado on wines and fine dining encouraging locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. Food & Vine Time Productions created another first with the state’s first multi-day craft beer destination and educational event featuring over 300 craft beer selections. Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival now celebrating a decade of craft beer experiences has been named #3 beer event in America by USA Today and #1 in Houston by Houstonia Magazine.
Food & Vine Time Productions also produces Katy Sip N Stroll, Houston Chronicle Culinary Stars, Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting Tour and has produced Wine Fair Cy-Fair, Zest in the West, BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival, Tomball’s Freight Train Food Truck Fest and a myriad of private events for various clients. Since its inception in 2002, Food & Vine Time Productions has assisted in raising upwards of two million dollars for local charities through live and silent auctions and cash donations. Food & Vine Time Productions celebrates its 20thth Anniversary this year.