– Tickets on Sale Now for the City’s Biggest Pet Event-
NEW YORK, May 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Tickets are on sale NOW for Dallas’ first AKC Meet the Breeds®arriving at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Saturday, June 25thand Sunday, June 26th, 2022. The American Kennel Club® (AKC) and GF Sports & Entertainment bring this two-day educational event to Dallas to give attendees the unique opportunity to meet and play with a variety of different dog breeds while learning about responsible pet ownership and how to find the best breed(s) for their lifestyle straight from the experts. From Affenpinschers to Yorkshire Terriers, this canine extravaganza is fun for the whole family.
- meet and play with tons of different dog breeds in booths that depict each breed’s country of origin, historical purpose/function
- Discover new breeds and talk to breed experts to determine what dog will work for their lifestyle
- Learn about responsible pet ownership
- see fun and entertaining demonstrations of dog sports and working dogs exhibiting their skills
- engage in unique activities such as testing your agility skills in our interactive fun zone. Attendees can also participate in games and photo opportunities with the whole family.
The event is open to the general public and is perfect for the whole family. Admission is $20 for children and $30 for adults. There is also upgraded VIP admission available. Tickets are on sale now through the tour’s exclusive ticket provider SeatGeek®. Use promo code MEET for 20% off all General Admission tickets.
“We are thrilled to bring this event to Dallas,” said AKC Executive Secretary Gina DiNardo. “Dallas is known for its dog shows, and we’re so excited to introduce such a dog-friendly city to this unique event where they can see their favorite breeds and learn about new ones.”
Not only can you meet and play with lots of different dog breeds, but there will also be exciting demonstrations that highlight the athleticism and work ethic of dogs, including:
- Agility – Watch these super talented dogs navigate an obstacle course of jumps, weaves & tunnels courtesy of the Dallas Agility Working Group.
- obey – See the precision work of competition obedience dogs as they heel, retrieve, and demonstrate how dogs can advance from the basics to upper-level skills brought to you by the Dog Training Club of Dallas County.
- Disc Dog – Enjoy this fast-paced, fun sport that takes the game of fetch to a whole new level, brought to you by Cat City Disc Dogs.
- Rally – Check out this exciting sport that is equal parts skill and thrill as dogs and their owners navigate a course of obedience tasks courtesy of the Dog Training Club of Tampa.
- Scent Work – The nobody knows! See dogs use their natural abilities to locate a scent and communicate to their handler that it has been found, brought to you by the Dog Training Club of Dallas County.
For images of our previous Meet The Breeds event held in San Diego, CAclick here.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit our website here.
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a not-for-profit organization, which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred and mixed breed dogs are held under AKC rules and each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field regulations and earthdog tests. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog. AKC Clubs comprise America’s largest rescue network. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all associated marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
About GF Sports & Entertainment
GF Sports & Entertainment is a global events and operations company that elevates the experience of live sports, entertainment and interactive events. The company owns two of the ATP Tour’s longest running American tennis tournaments, the Dallas Open and the true Atlanta Open, as well as the National Lacrosse League New York Riptide. In partnership with the American Kennel Club (AKC), the leading registry and governing body of canine events in the United Statesthey operate the AKC Meet the Breeds® tour show. GF Sports & Entertainment also incubates new and emerging sport concepts, this includes wolfpack Ninjaswhich operates ninja-focused events globally.
GF Sports & Entertainment was founded in June 2015 by New York-based private equity firm GF Capital. For additional information, please visit www.gfsportsandentertainment.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dogs-set-to-take-over-dallas-with-akc-meet-the-breeds-301540844.html
SOURCE American Kennel Club